Choosing a honeymoon destination can be so incredibly hard. While considering where to travel for our honeymoon, Chris and I made lists of places we wanted to go, ultimately coming to a conclusion that fit our travel design. Then, we began making plans. Whatever else falls into location after you choose where you’re going. So, let’s start the honeymoon procedure and select where to honeymoon based upon your travel design now!
For the Adventure Couple
If you’re a couple who likes hiking, biking, and more, or you just can’t sit still, going on an adventurous honeymoon is the ideal way to ring in your marital relationship. What better place to go than these?
– Budget: Costa Rica. Hike around volcanoes, trek through jungles, and feel the excitement of zip lining in the beautiful jungles of Costa Rica. This place is loaded with places to go hiking, browsing, and so a lot more! With Groupon deals or inexpensive flights and fairly priced lodging, it’s best for honeymooners on a budget plan.
– Mid-range: Peru. Picture the thick Amazonian jungle, the huge and lovely Lake Titicaca, and the ancient Incan ruins of Machu Picchu. There is no scarcity of taking chances with the trek to ancient Incan ruins and even the walking to Rainbow Mountain. Include kayaking on Lake Titicaca and Peru screams adventure all over you turn! It is likewise exceptionally economical thanks to discount rate airline companies, like Spirit, flying there. A benefit is that hotels are economical thanks to the USD being strong against the Peruvian Sol.
– Luxury: New Zealand. Seeking to splurge a little? Fly to the faraway land of New Zealand, where you’ll find glaciers, fjords, and well-known hikes like the Milford Track, a 4 to 5 day trekking expedition deep into the Milford noise. New Zealand is the birthplace of experience, including daring bungee leaping areas, whale watching, skiing, surfing, and so a lot more.
For the Zen Couple/Searching for Zen Couple
Are you the couple that either enjoys keeping one’s cool or are trying to get their Zen back after a number of wedding event planning breakdowns and tension? Believe me, I totally get it! So relax in these relaxing places.
– Budget: Sanibel Island, Florida. If you’re trying to find a place to simply unwind and lay out, Sanibel Island’s slow speed of life is best. Lay on the beach, lazily walk to the charming shops on the island, or just catch up on your reading while smelling that ocean breeze as the tide is available in. I already feel calmer thinking of it.
– Mid-range: Bali. Possibly the place with the most Zen, or the most yoga retreats worldwide, Bali is the location to bring Zen back. Visit the temples in Ubud, do yoga on the beach, or snorkel in the clear waters, discovering your calm in the warm ocean current. Flights to Bali can be expensive, however often you can get a great offer, or travel hack your rate down to under $100 round-trip. Also, hotels cover the gamut of dirt low-cost to high-end expenses, with plenty of cost effective alternatives in between!
– Luxury: Maldives. Known for having some of the clearest water worldwide, you can unwind and ignore your wedding event tension while laying in a hammock over the ocean. Unwind in your overwater bungalow and get a massage beach side. It’s luxurious but oh so worth it!
For the Beach Bum Couple
Zac Brown Band singing, “toes in the water, ass in the sand” is quite much your mantra. If putting you on the softest sand or frolicking in the most perfect ocean is your jam, these areas should be on your radar.
– Budget: Algarve Coast, Portugal. Portugal is having a minute this year, and there’s no question regarding why. With interesting and vibrant cities like Lisbon and Sintra, delicious food and wine in Porto, and spectacular beaches in the Algarve, it might be the best location. Portugal likewise serves host to backpackers and luxury travelers alike, implying you can get four-star resort offers for less than $200 a night. Rush, precede everyone finds out!
– Mid-range: Tulum, Mexico. Clear waters and soft sandy beaches define this Mexican seaside city. Appreciate the ruins off of the beach, snorkel closely to colorful fish, or area sea turtles in the current. With more cost effective resorts and hotels than more costly Cabo San Lucas and Cancun, this is a great honeymoon spot!
– Luxury: Maui, Hawaii. From green to black beaches and relatively every color in between, Maui has #beachdaysarethebestdays on lock. Luxury resorts fill the island, implying you can remain anywhere and get the very best view, whether that’s on the beach or the mountains. Do not forget to see the best dawn over Haleakala prior to spending the rest of your day snorkeling or finding out to surf.
For the Couple Who Loves Culture
You love a distinct scene no matter the place. You’re more than happy to appreciate old architecture, find out a couple of foreign phrases, and you’ll browse high and low for the most genuine, local restaurant there is. So why not take that worldwide?
– Budget: Thailand. With excellent flight offers to Thailand (I’ve seen some as low as $700 or less round-trip!), and the strong USD versus the Thai baht, Thailand is the perfect location to remain in the spending plan. So check out all the temples you can in Chiang Mai prior to taking a cooking class to discover authentic Thai food. Check out the floating markets in Bangkok and the colorful Khao San Road. Be sure to sneak in some beach time after travelling around on a long-tail boat on one of the famous islands.
– Mid-range: Prague. This sensational Gothic style city is whatever your heart desires when it comes to architecture. Get lost in the old city in Wenceslas Square. Then, endeavor to Prague Castle and cross Charles Bridge. After appreciating all there is to see, make certain to have a look at the fantastic brewery scene. Being that Prague is an Eastern European city, it is normally a lot more budget-friendly to check out than Western Europe. The fact that it’s considered one of Europe’s most romantic cities doesn’t harmed either.
– Luxury: Morocco. Flight a camel and explore the Sahara desert in a high-end tent on a 3-day/2-night excursion. Roam the media and see the architecture of Marrakesh. Then, discover the vibrant blue city of Chefchaouen. Flights can be costly, but there is a wide range of lodging, meaning this can also be an inexpensive destination too.
For the Couple Who ‘d Rather be at the Mountains
The mountains are calling, and you should go! Perhaps you love snowboarding, hiking, or all things winter sports, however in any case, the mountains are your concept of the ideal romantic escape. Take a look at these mountainous destinations for your dream honeymoon.
– Budget: Lake Tahoe. With affordable resorts and amazing views of the Sierra Nevada and lake, this is too perfect for words. Go snowboarding, trekking, diving, therefore a lot more at this varied and charming location, depending upon the time of year. Absolutely nothing says romance like snuggling next to your love by the lake, appreciating a fantastic view.
– Mid-range: Niseko, Japan. While you may be familiar with South Korea’s slopes thanks to the Winter Olympics, Japan’s northern most islands also use impressive winter sports and some of the heaviest snowfall on the planet. From remarkable ski slopes to inexpensive resorts, this may be the best trip for you and your spouse. Do not forget to relax in their hot springs and take pleasure in the Japanese food after your day on the mountain.
– Luxury: Switzerland. Love and the Swiss Alps go together. Go sky diving and admire the appeal in Interlaken. View gorgeous Alpine lakes or attempt your hand at skiing the slopes at Zermatt, near the Matterhorn. Experience après ski with beer and fondue. In any case, it sounds perfect.
For the Couple that Would Call Themselves Winos
You all finished from the two-buck chuck a long period of time ago and are ready to indulge and explore some of the world’s best red wine areas. Whether it’s the champagne or pinot noir, white wine and love is the ideal pairing. Have a look at these destinations for your dream red wine honeymoon.
– Budget: South Africa. South Africa has a lot to use. Image perfect beaches along the western and eastern capes, safaris, and incredible cities. But among the best aspects of South Africa is its large winelands. Stellenbosch, Paarl, and Franschoek take the cake for making tasty and affordable wine. With tastings cost in between $3-5 a person and excellent bottles of red wine selling for $15, you much better believe it’s an economical location to honeymoon for a red wine lover.
– Mid-range: Napa Valley, California. Napa Valley is not short on wineries or good food. If you’re looking for both, and a place more detailed to home, this is the perfect location for you. With tastings costing approximately $50, it can be expensive, but there are more cost effective wineries and you can find great tasting discount coupons online. Likewise, accommodation and food run the variety of affordable to insane pricey, so you can find a mid-range here.
– Luxury: France. The entire nation of France provides delightful and diverse wines. There are dry reds in Bordeaux, crisp rosés in Provence, and even shimmering red wines in Champagne. If you’re a real wine enthusiast, France is most likely on your list of places to visit. So, why not honeymoon there? Reasonably priced tastings are offered, and even smaller sized wineries do not charge a charge if you buy something. Red wine tours can be a luxury, however, costing between $1,500-$ 4,000 per individual for a week, however these may include a fair number of features such as hotels and food.
For the Couple Who Are Foodies
I mean who doesn’t enjoy food, right? You’re the couple that refuses chain restaurants and researches alternatives on Yelp for the perfect night out. There’s no shame in your game, and you will not stop till you’ve had the best meal ever. Take a look at these scrumptious locations!
– Budget: Vietnam. If you’re searching for something low-cost and delicious, look no more than Vietnam. With pho (a clearish, broth soup with thin pieces of meat) bahn mi (scrumptious pork and pate on a soft and chewy baguette), and more, the food possibilities are unlimited. Likewise, with the rates of food being extremely low-cost in Vietnam, you’ll be able to stuff your face while keeping a complete wallet too.
– Mid-range: Italy. I couldn’t discuss a food location without pointing out Italy. Whether it’s the fresh calamari from Capri, mouth-watering pizza in Naples, or light and chewy pasta in Tuscany, Italy is house to fresh, incredible food. It’s also extremely inexpensive, as pasta and pizza aren’t exactly hard to come by. And I have not even started on desserts! If you’re a food enthusiast, Italy is the place for your honeymoon.
– Luxury: Copenhagen, Denmark. This city is packed with Michelin Star dining establishments and innovative food. With establishments consistently making the best dining establishments note each year, it’s a foodie’s paradise. However, with the higher expense of living and the truth that a lot of these first-class dining establishments are charging superior rates, you much better be prepared to pay a bit more for good food here.
You can discover the ideal honeymoon area based upon your travel character as a couple. Whether you’re a food lover or an experience junkie, there is an incredible location for everybody. So get out there and begin making your honeymoon plans today!